Saturday, January 3, 2009

Basic Instinct



When Victoria's Secret launched Basic Instinct circa 2005, I was a little perplexed. I also completely hated it, it was nothing of the fruity palette I have assimilated VS with in the past. Kind of disappointed too as the packaging was so classy and sophisticated, kind of conjured up images of White Diamonds by Liz Taylor. Oh well......Then all of a sudden, POW, my nose was suddenly seeking deeper more seductive fragrances for once, such as the likes of Prada, Chanel, and Halston. I was instantly intrigued with the intoxicatingly deep aroma that I fervently had to purchase the vial of opulence! I don't know what came over me all of a sudden, but I am glad it did. 

I should have known better than to not splurge on the larger bottle, but I thought, hmm, since I have so many fragrances that I bounce between, let's not have any spoil. WRONG! I used it up in about a month. Then to my utter dismay, they DISCONTINUED it! NO! I think they have done worse than Basic Instinct, but I don't want to be specific as I might offend some. 

So, Vicki, if you happen to be reading this, PLEASE bring my beloved back! Thank you.

No comments: