Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Top 3 Favorite Exfoliants

Exfoliating in imperative if you want healthy, radiant, dewy, luminous skin and an instant mini makeover with no downtime or side effects! Read on for my favorite 3 that I turn to when I need to wipe the slate clean, so to speak. (I alternate between, not use them all simultaneously, of course.)

Fresh Sugar Face Polish



This face scrub smells exactly like iced tea/lemon, so spreading it luxuriously on my face is a real treat for the senses. Kind of surprised I can't smell the strawberries in it. It leaves your skin just radiant, dewy, moisturized and it dissolves nicely, so it won't allow for over-exfoliating, as some of us exfoliating junkies have a propensity for. Probably too aggressive for the delicate skin on the neck, but perfect for the decollete. At $55, I would expect nothing less, and use it 2 times a week. So next time you are in Sephora or the Fresh shop, definitely worth a gander at least.

Eminence Pear & Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher



Immediately after cleansing the day off of your skin, it feels great and refreshed, but once you try this product you will see what you have been missing. It's like you removed a rough mask of lifeless cells, dirt, oil, and residual product. Which is essentially what you do, but this product goes above and beyond and deep into pores. My favorite part is knowing that even after the silica beads are washed away, nourishing vitamins penetrate your skin and instantly improve your complexion, creating instant brightness and youth. Soft, fresh and supple skin absorbs moisturizers, serums, masques and other treatments easier! $46, at spas.

Ingredients include: Pear Pulp, Apple Pulp, Pear Juice, Apple Juice, Poppy Seeds, Fine Walnut (Exfoliant), Silica, Glycerine (Plant Derived), Guar Gum, Plantain Extract, Green Tea, Apricot Kernel Oil, Alfalfa, Mica, Glycolic Acid, Biocomplex (Vitamins A, C, E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Glycine Derivative.

Philosophy Microdelivery Peel



This is the first non-microdermabrasion machine microderm exfoliant I used and I was instantly hooked! During a routine shopping spree at Sephora, I was given a sample of this miracle and I couldn't wait to go home and give it a whirl. I didn't know what to expect, but needless to say it exceeded my expectations! I couldn't wait to go back to Sephora and buy the kit.

What struck me first was the smell, intoxicatingly sweet aroma of juicy oranges. Which means vitamin C, which means anti-aging and I love that! It's not just a scrub that you wash away and you're done, it actually serves several purposes. Personally, I am not fond of the shampoo/conditioner combo, I feel really cheated because my hair is still so dry when it dries. However, when it comes to skin care, a multi-tasking product gets a thumbs up from me.

After removal, my skin was as soft as the day I was born, I couldn't stop feeling it, and so dewy and glowing. I used a little spatula to remove a dime size of product for application and I used it 2 times a week, sometimes only 1, and it lasted about 3 months. The price tag? $65, and worth every penny!

No comments: