Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lovely Nails

One of my many beauty obsessions is weekly manicures. In reality, it's more like twice weekly manicures. I love the look and feel of a consistently fresh, new and perfect manicure. I just wish I didn't spend as much time staring at them, a tad narcissistic, I actually spend tons of time admiring my own handiwork! Alas, like your smile, people also notice your hands just as much. My current favorite combination is a clear coat base, one pretty thick coat of Essie's Mademoiselle and another healthy coat of Essie's Vanity Fairest. Mademoiselle is a blue-toned milky pink and Vanity Fairest is a pale pink with a little sprinkling of shimmer throughout. Very girlie and very pretty! This season, I am going to sport all natural nails, as in no acrylics and maintain them very short (a look I like to call "stubby nail chic"). Alternating between the season's rich and seductive reds, burgundys, coffee bean browns and lighten up a little with French pinks.





Mademoiselle



Vanity Fairest

No comments: