Sunday, November 23, 2008

Balms Lips Love

With colder, merciless weather upon us already pout product-loving gals, we have to ensure soft, moisturized and hydrated lips. Indeed, I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I had cracked, peeling or chapped lips, though that still doesn't stop me from using richer formulas as a preventive measure. Here are just a few of my top picks, in no particular order:


L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner in Soft Petal

What attracted me to this product in particular were the obvious pink, full and glamorous lips of one Penelope Cruz. The mineral concept didn't appeal to me, since the purity of drug store brands don't hold much credibility in my opinion. Purchased it more for the conditioning properties and barely-there pink shine. I love the packaging, twists/clicks to allow for application, no overpowering smell, but slightly scented, very conditioning, non-sticky, very sheer, with a slight shimmer and best of all, the ENTIRE tube will be consumed due to the structure, so no waste and no dipping in the container! Love this product, I also wear it over lipsticks to add shine, then wipe off applicator to maintain cleanliness. Lasts about 15 minutes, before you need to reapply, and seems to run out fairly quickly if used consistently, I would say about 2-3 weeks maximum. At drugstores.



Bourjois Baume de Nuit Night Lip Balm

This packaging always reminds me of Blistex Lip MedEx, which I have and love, so sometimes I have to make sure I pick up the right one. This is a over night restorative treatment, but I have been known to apply it throughout the day. It's such a lovely barely there pink, can't resist. Lightly scented, very creamy, works very well. Just wish it wasn't in a pot like this, I much prefer dip sticks or twist applicators, as to not contaminate product which diminishes its efficacy. At Sephora.



Blistex Lip Medex

Just mentioned above, it's also one of my top choices and has been for about 12 years. Usually have about 3 of these floating around. I have never has cold sores or fever blisters which is what this product is designed for, but I love the way it smells and moisturizes my lips regardless. It has a menthol smell to it, but it also smells like coconut somewhere in there too. Can't get enough of it. At drugstores




Eminence Lip Trio

This is one of my favorites, it's like a mini facial for your lips. I use this in my treatment room on my clients, they love it. Beginning with a citrus scrub to remove flakes, lifeless cells, to reveal smooth and soft lips. Next, and this is WONDERFUL is the lip masque. Contains shea butter to really soften and moisturize lips, you will feel like you renewed your lips, they will feel amazing. Finishing with a citrus balm made of vegetable oil, no lead thank you very much, to seal in the new found softness! Terrific! Available at spas.

No comments: